Sunday, June 6, 2010

Working title "Burning Down the House" (actual titles forthcoming)

(no longer in inventory)

Where the previous series is rubbings, these are stampings. I used some of the same tools: knitting needles, remote control, silverware, silverware drawer organizer, knitted dish cloth, door jamb bits, and that bracelet my daughter was going to throw away. And I couldn't escape the idea of burning it all down and flowing in the water. One of the artists in the Waterfront Artist Studios building said it looked like something was blooming. Yes an opening up of the truth. A burning of what we don't need, a cleansing, a budding and flowering of the beauty that remains. More transcendence and transformation.

1 comment:

  1. These are so cool- or HOT- burning is a hot thing- You might post the penis dilemma...I find that amusing...LOVE these paintings- burning down the house- I SO want to!!!

    ReplyDelete