Saturday, June 1, 2013

Waiting on Spontaneity Series



So after finishing "RustEcology Mythology," I started to work on these pieces, each 5 inches by 5 inches. These were pieces that I mostly experimented on over the years, trying to figure out texture, etc. I decided, since a friend gave me several timepieces, and since I have time issues, to do something about being spontaneous--that's what abstract is all about--and incorporating the idea of time into that. So these pieces are all about the conflict of time and spontaneity. There's some strange stuff under that texturing mixed medium stuff--wood pieces, brass hose, papers. The colors are bright--I was wanting to work with yellow and its compliment--and there are some places I really love in each of them. the watch faces are all set at -ish times: 12-ish, 12:15-ish, 12:30-ish. That explains my relationship to time, exactly...or -ishly.

No comments:

Post a Comment