Thursday, April 23, 2009

Reworked Version Still Point: Gestating

I'm still reworking this painting but feel pretty close to finished. I resolved the split personality that happened when I added green after I'd been working the copper/violet. I think I need to come in with a little more gold in the space above the three circles. But after the red was added, I could feel myself smiling--a smile that started in my toes. That's often how I know a painting is finished or very nearly so. 

Now I just need to learn how to use my new/first digital camera along with the cropping tool. There's always some new technology nipping at my heals. It provides such a challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Karen - I love everything about this piece except that it seems to be leaning to the right. I wonder if it would work better leaning to the left. Just an idea.
    Love,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete