Monday, March 18, 2019

The Squiggle Effect


(no longer in inventory)

5"x5" acrylic on canvas. Playing with a rubber band ball that my cousin made and gave to me, I put paint on it--orange, black, and blue--and rolled it around the canvas. Then I put white on it and rolled it around, covering, in part, some of the previous color marks. Then I decided to have fun with black and brown fine point acrylic markers. In order to create dimension and movement, I worked off of and around some of the previous marks that were partially covered. Making the squiggle lines was so much fun that I had to stop myself before the canvas was completely covered with squiggles. Maybe next time, I won't stop. So stinkin' much fun! And this one can be turned depending upon what forms one wants to be able to see. (This was a paint over of the last painting in the Pictem II series--I was never satisfied with that drawing/painting)

No comments:

Post a Comment