Saturday, February 23, 2019

The Maiden of Chi


(no longer in inventory)

24"x18" mixed media and acrylic paint on canvas

Still playing with texture building materials, I used Golden Coarse Molding Paste on this one. I also used sock store display hangers to create the down-pointing triangular shape and that shape to the far right on the bottom of the painting. I also came across fine point acrylic pens that required playing with. This provided the perfect opportunity for me to draw with acrylics, consequently, this painting includes drawings I've been doodling for ages during so many office meetings. The image on the bottom left is one that has been identified in ancient scripts as representing the Maiden of Chi.

I used gold gesso in the background and then decided to also use copper paint and quinacridone nickel/azo gold for in-between the horizontal lines. Of course, all of that makes this painting another that tricks the light for photographing. I am in love with the color combination. More blue-green in future paintings for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment